configuration question

Xiaoxu Wang xiwang at dragon.rutgers.edu
Mon Aug 21 14:29:49 CDT 2006

sorry, the question I want to ask is

I got the following error when configuring Petsc,
'Configure' object has no attribute 'diff'  File
"./config/configure.py", line 166, in petsc_configure
when it runs to (out,err,status) =
Configure.executeShellCommand(getattr(self, 'diff')+' -w diff1 diff2'),
line 56 in programs.py.

Hi,
     When I comfiguring Petsc under Windows and Cygwin, it always
crashes when it is checking for diff. The path is correct. It could be
the difference between '\' and '\\' in python causing the problem. How
to solve this problem? Or can I skip checking for 'diff'? Thank you for
suggestions.

Xiaoxu