[petsc-dev] Branches with additional features

Pierre Jolivet Pierre.Jolivet at enseeiht.fr
Sun May 28 14:51:16 CDT 2017

Also, is there something like MatDensePlaceArray in a branch somewhere,
or is it possible to wrap a MatDense around a Vec?
I'm calling MatMatMult from on external Krylov solver (which does its
own memory allocation), so at each iteration I either need to create new
Mats with MatMPIDenseSetPreallocation, or use buffer Mats and use
MatDenseGetArray/MatDenseRestoreArray. Both approaches have drawbacks I
believe (the former needs MatAssemblyBegin/MatAssemblyEnd which does a
global reduction, the latter is a waste of memory and needs copying
from/to the memory allocated by PETSc) that would be avoided with
something like MatDensePlaceArray.

Thanks.

On Mon, 22 May 2017 08:11:30 +0200, Pierre Jolivet wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2017 17:10:30 -0500, Barry Smith wrote:
>>> On May 21, 2017, at 3:17 PM, Pierre Jolivet
>>> <pierre.jolivet at enseeiht.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I’m wondering if any branch has one or more of the following
>>> features (or if this is in the pipeline somehow):
>>> 1) MKL PARDISO support for MPIAIJ
>>> 2) MKL PARDISO support for MPIBAIJ using iparm(37)