[petsc-dev] petscversion.h unchanged but API changed for MatGetSubMatrix and others

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 10 10:59:39 CST 2017

   Eric,

      The model we have followed is that master retains the version number of the latest patched release and then at the time of a release the version number is increased.  For releases  PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE  is defined to be 1 while for master PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE  is defined to be 0. Thus if you want to switch between master and release you need to also include a check on the PETSC_VERSION_RELEASE value.

     I don't know if this is a good model, but it is the current model.

   Barry