[petsc-dev] next tests, absoft and ifc

Tobin Isaac tisaac at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 13 11:29:43 CDT 2017

Hi Satish,

I'm working to get all of our dm tests to pass in next.  We have a lot
of output that comes from "::ascii_info_detail" being passed to
DMViewFromOptions().  On two builds, linux-gcc-absoft_churn and
linux-gcc-ifc-cmplx_crank, it looks the viewer format is being ignored
and short output is being generated instead.

I can't reproduce this behavior on my machine, but I notice that there
are no diff errors in the few instances where
"ascii::ascii_info_detail" is given instead.

Could you please run on those two next builds

    PETSC_OPTIONS="-options_view" make -f gmakefile dm_impls_plex_tests-runex5_0

to see if somehow keys starting with colons are not being parsed
correctly?

Thanks,
  Toby