[petsc-dev] keeping track of work and its projects

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Oct 25 22:26:58 CDT 2016

>    A bash against git. It would be nice if I could attach this thing
>    to the petsc repository (then I could update the funding sources
>    weekly :-) so it came up for everyone automatically when they did a
>    git commit in petsc. Can you suggest this functionality to the git
>    maintainers if it doesn't currently exist?

You could just have commit.template point into the PETSc repository.
Doesn't work for sufficiently old maintenance, but new development would
see it.

The feature request would be to allow referring to a ref in the
repository (not a file in the working tree).  It's very similar to the
issue of distributing hooks with the repository -- checking out an old
version gets you old hooks.