[petsc-dev] Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 11 14:47:25 CDT 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Antonio Trande wrote:

> However, i don't understand why errors appear from 'make test' by
> building on Fedora 32bit systems only.

Only of the 32bit rawhide builds ? [as 32bit ones  one f24, epel were fine?]

This is very puzzling to me.

> [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscOptionsInsert() line 717 in /builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.4/buildopenmpi_dir/src/sys/objects/options.c

This points to 'ierr = MPI_Comm_rank(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&rank);CHKERRQ(ierr);'

So somehow suggesting the wrong MPI [include or library] is getting used by the test code.

But only for these 2 tests - in this one build? Thats weird..

I was hoping valgrind would help figure out this [perhaps point to
wrong library in runtime load - or something]..

Satish