[petsc-dev] Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 9 14:12:50 CDT 2016

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016, Antonio Trande wrote:

> On 10/09/2016 05:39 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
> > Perhaps chkopts also doesn't make sense anymore [esp with user
> > makefiles] - so you could use the attached patch [which diables
> > checkopts - and this also disables petscnagupgrade.py]
> >

> Thank you for the patch.
>
> I see error during testing of OpenMPI libs (papi support is disabled):
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/447193/
>
> Full log:
> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/00462818-petsc/build.log.gz

Are you refering to the messages from valgrind? openmpi is not
valgrind clean - so they always give these messages.

Perhaps you should revert to not using valgrind in these tests.

[I'm suprised fedora-mpich is valgrind clean. We usually build mpich
with '--enable-g=meminit' to make it valgrind clean]

Satish