[petsc-dev] Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 16:42:24 CDT 2016

On 10/08/2016 11:30 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

>>> Previously you had a build where these errors didn't come up
>>>
>>> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/445643/
>>
>> I seen that 'csh' tool was not found.
>
> Not sure what you mean. I don't see any 'csh' in either of the logs.

Same build that you see here https://paste.fedoraproject.org/445643/,
using valgrind showed something like

... 'bin/chs' not found

I have included 'csh' as needed package for testing and obtained latest
build log:
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/00462512-petsc/build.log.gz

>>> But now the build gives errors.
>>>

>>> Running test examples to verify correct installation
>>> Using PETSC_DIR=/builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3 and PETSC_ARCH=x86_64
>>> Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
>>> See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
>>> [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscLogInitialize() line 219 in /builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3/src/sys/logging/plog.c
>>> [0]PETSC ERROR: #2 PetscInitialize() line 891 in /builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3/src/sys/objects/pinit.c
>>> Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI processes
>>> <<<<<<<
>>>
>>> Looks like we discussed this issue before:
>>>
>>> http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-users/2016-June/029634.html
>>>
>>> The key is to make sure the correct petsc.so and petscconf.h are used
>>> in the test [with the way this build is being done, and stuff getting
>>> copied arround - the makefiles that do 'make test' might have invalid
>>> info..]
>>>
>>> Perhaps you can rerun this via valgraind again to see what it says.
>>>

>>> Satish
>>>

>> I dont see any line related to openblas now.
>
> In the valgrind output? What lines do you see?

None line about openblas now.

> Its crashing in PetscInitialize() - i.e its crashing at the very begining - and didn't get to the blas calls.
>
> [and this somehow worked in  https://paste.fedoraproject.org/445643/ - so I don't really understand
> whats going on...]

Do tests need internet by chance?

--