[petsc-dev] Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 8 16:30:18 CDT 2016

On Sat, 8 Oct 2016, Antonio Trande wrote:

> On 10/08/2016 11:00 PM, Satish Balay wrote:

> >> This is the log from a debugging build:
> >> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/00462512-petsc/build.log.gz
> >>

> > Previously you had a build where these errors didn't come up
> >
> > https://paste.fedoraproject.org/445643/
>
> I seen that 'csh' tool was not found.

Not sure what you mean. I don't see any 'csh' in either of the logs.

> > But now the build gives errors.
> >

> > Running test examples to verify correct installation
> > Using PETSC_DIR=/builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3 and PETSC_ARCH=x86_64
> > Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
> > See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
> > [0]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscLogInitialize() line 219 in /builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3/src/sys/logging/plog.c
> > [0]PETSC ERROR: #2 PetscInitialize() line 891 in /builddir/build/BUILD/petsc-3.7.3/petsc-3.7.3/src/sys/objects/pinit.c
> > Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI processes
> > <<<<<<<
> >
> > Looks like we discussed this issue before:
> >
> > http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-users/2016-June/029634.html
> >
> > The key is to make sure the correct petsc.so and petscconf.h are used
> > in the test [with the way this build is being done, and stuff getting
> > copied arround - the makefiles that do 'make test' might have invalid
> > info..]
> >
> > Perhaps you can rerun this via valgraind again to see what it says.
> >

> > Satish
> >

> I dont see any line related to openblas now.

In the valgrind output? What lines do you see?

Its crashing in PetscInitialize() - i.e its crashing at the very begining - and didn't get to the blas calls.

[and this somehow worked in  https://paste.fedoraproject.org/445643/ - so I don't really understand
whats going on...]

Satish