[petsc-dev] strangness in Chebyshev estimate of eigenvalues

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Wed May 25 09:52:18 CDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 May 2016, Satish Balay wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 May 2016, Jed Brown wrote:
>
> > > I would be in favor of either rewinding 'next' or reverting all of
> > > Mark's stuff (if you can identify well enough), then rebasing his
> branch
> > > so it's not such a mess.
> >
> > Its easy enough for me to rewind next. All in 'integrator group' would
> > have to delete/fetch/recreate 'next' branch in their clones - thats
> > the difficult part of rewinding next..
> >
> > I should perhaps lock 'next' for some time when I rewind it.. [and
> > then unlock gradually as folks confirm they deleted 'next' from their
> > local clones..]
>
> Mark,
>
> I've recreated next. So you can cleanup(rebase over master,

FYI, I get this error from rebasing. I will look into what they suggest.

warning: squelched 32 whitespace errors
warning: 37 lines add whitespace errors.
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging config/builder.py
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in config/builder.py
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0029 Adding tests for dmplex adaptation
The copy of the patch that failed is found in: .git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git rebase --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git rebase --skip" instead.
To check out the original branch and stop rebasing, run "git rebase
--abort".