[petsc-dev] --known-mpi-shared-library and --with-batch annoyance

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:47:28 CDT 2016

On 22 April 2016 at 06:07, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:
> Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> writes:
>>> If we allow --single-library=0, I do not see how we can avoid this.
>>
>> Shouldn't MPI static be linked only in libpetscsys? That should work...
>
> So you want the MPI symbols to be inlined into libpetscsys.so, then
> every other component that needs MPI will directly link libpetscsys.so?

I'm not saying this is neat nor advocating for it, but this way
libpetscsys.so becomes the MPI library.

Or, we could attempt to build a libpetscmpi.so on the fly out the the
static MPI libs with PIC code. However, I know this is not so easy at
it sound.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459