[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-users] configure error on Titan with Intel

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 14 10:27:08 CDT 2015

You mention multiple failures here - but include log for only one case.

Ideally lanugage compilers (c,c++,fortran) should interoperate with
each other - but without it - one has to know the 'compatibility
libraries' to use.

-lstdc++ is a gnu/c++ library. For PGI - the library names could be
 diffferent.

--with-cxxlib-autodetect=1 - which is configure default - tries to
determine this list - but with cray modules - this causes multiple
listing of all libraries that are setup via modules - sometimes
causing grief - hence you are using --with-cxxlib-autodetect=0 on cray
builds.

Can you send me the following info?

cd src/benchmarks
cc -v sizeof.c
CC -v sizeof.c

Also you can try --with-cxxlib-autodetect=1 - and see if it works.

Satish