[petsc-dev] Titan error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 5 10:55:46 CDT 2015

This is what you could do:

try reproducing this problem with shell.

mkdir -p /autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/PETScTestDirectory
echo $?
rmdir /autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/PETScTestDirectory
echo $?

If it succeeds - try reproducing this from python

python
>>> import os
>>> os.makedirs('/autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/PETScTestDirectory')
>>> os.rmdir('/autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/PETScTestDirectory')

And if it works - try configure again. Perhaps your filesystem was
misbehaving when you ran configure previously.

Satish