[petsc-dev] -mat_error_if_fpe?

Dmitry Karpeyev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 2 15:29:27 CDT 2015

Currently -pc_type lu will not detect a zero pivot (it will happily produce
an Inf or a NaN) and the flag it checks whether to see whether
to do it is erroriffpe.   KSP_DIVERGED_NANORINF is too generic.  What if
the user wants to verify there is a zero pivot?

Also, irrespective of the use case, if we have a XXXSetYYY(), isn't our
policy to have a command-line way of doing it?