[petsc-dev] DMSetUseNatural() and DMPlexConstructGhostCells()

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jul 20 17:47:18 CDT 2015

> It is really seductive to view the solution as a bunch of FEM
> coefficients, but I think that destroys code modularity. I would rather
> endure (at least in the short term) the overhead of point location and
> represent my solution as a real function, than hope that I am
> using exactly the same mesh/discretization the next time around and
> have to do parallel fixups like this.

How would you go about representing your solution as a 'real function'
when it's just coming out of the results of a previous model run?

In our case the mesh/ discretization is unlikely to change between model
runs so I don't think that's too much of an issue.

Cheers, Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow