[petsc-dev] I hate PetscThreadComm

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jan 15 15:59:25 CST 2015

>    Nice, so presumably the RPI guys could potentially use this and toss their custom stuff?

It's not publicly released (though I hope it will be).  And it's a
research implementation (using proxy processes), so there is no reason
to use this if you already have a flat MPI code that works well.  But
it's an interface that we expect will find its way into base MPI
implementations eventually, and provides what I think is a good way to
handle threads (assuming the user chose threads for some reason).