[petsc-dev] Differences between injection and interpolation creation

Lawrence Mitchell lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 10:48:15 CST 2015

On 13 Jan 2015, at 16:06, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>  I suggest you change the DM to return a matrix in this case and submit a pull request https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/wiki/pull-request-instructions-git then we can get your suggested change into PETSc.

Thanks, pull request is here: https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-request/245/

There are a few places where the old VecScatter is used with INSERT_VALUES, rather than the ADD_VALUES that MatRestrict gives via MatMult.  I pull the scatter context out of the injection Mat to do this (although this will obviously fail in the case that the Mat is not a MatScatter).

Cheers,

Lawrence