[petsc-dev] Incident INC0063186 updated -- Update Closed Incident: error building metis on Edison

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:08:16 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> wrote:

> I've tried using export CRAYPE_LINK_TYPE=dynamic and using shared
> libraries in PETSc but I had to load gcc 4.8.2, and now I get an error in
> PETSc configuration about incompatible F and C compilers.

Your Fortran compiler is made of sadness:

Executing: ftn  -o
/scratch1/scratchdirs/madams/petsc-bkh5dr/config.compilers/conftest
 -fPIC -fast -no-ipo
/scratch1/scratchdirs/madams/petsc-bkh5dr/config.compilers/conftest.o
/scratch1/scratchdirs/madams/petsc-bkh5dr/config.compilers/confc.o  -ldl
-lstdc++
Possible ERROR while running linker: exit code 256
stderr:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintlc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintlc

   Matt