[petsc-dev] Parmetis test ex152.c fails on 64 bit integers

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 10 17:53:42 CDT 2014

  Jed,

    This test is failing on me with —with-64-bit-indices.  It seems to be reading binary from some data file so I suspect the data file is wrong for 64 bit integers but the example does no test on integer size.

   Is this test suppose to work for —with-64-bit-indices or should it have proper guards to not crash with huge mallocs in that case?

   Thanks

    Barry

static const char help[] = "Test ParMETIS handling of negative weights.\n\n";

/* Test contributed by John Fettig */

/*
 * This file implements two tests for a bug reported in ParMETIS. These tests are not expected to pass without the
 * following two patches.
 *
 * http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/externalpackages/parmetis-4.0.2/rev/2dd2eae596ac
 * http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/externalpackages/parmetis-4.0.2/rev/1c2b9fe39201
 *
 * The bug was reported upstream, but has received no action so far.
 *
 * http://glaros.dtc.umn.edu/gkhome/node/837
 *
 */