[petsc-dev] I don't like the location of cmakeboot.py cmakegen.py

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 1 16:08:11 CDT 2014

On Oct 1, 2014, at 3:53 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

>>   Jed,
>>
>>   I don’t like the location of cmakeboot.py  cmakegen.py
>
> conf/gmakegen.py
>
> I think they should move there, along with builder*.py.

  Hmm, gmakegen.py is never used by anything in config, so it belongs in conf

  But

  cmakeboot.py  is used by stuff in config, so should it really be outside of config?  Can the cmakegen.py stuff be reorganized like the conf/gmakegen.py so that it is not called at all by configure, but is suitably triggered by a make cmake ?