[petsc-dev] SEGV using PETSc-GPU ViennaCL

Dominic Meiser dmeiser at txcorp.com
Tue Jul 29 17:05:34 CDT 2014

Can you keep petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov cc'd please.

On 07/29/2014 03:33 PM, Lucas Ogura wrote:
> I don't have permission to send all the code, but executing
> step-by-step I was able to isolate the part that give the error and
> I'm sending it. The complete code its an iterative process that
> operates over a CSR matrix.
> Running some more tests I realize that I'm not sure if my runtime
> options are right:
> 1- I'm passing "-vec_type viennacl -mat_type aijviennacl". Is that
> correct?
> 2- Shoud I add extra functions in the code besides the
> MatSetFromOptions and VecSetFromOptions after the MatCreat and VecCreate?

A minimal example that demonstrates the bug is fine (in fact it's easier
for us than just sending the whole application). However, could you send
a code sample that can be compiled, please. The one you sent is missing
includes, variable declarations, and setup.

Your command line options sound reasonable but it's not possible to say
for sure without working code.

Thanks,
Dominic

--