[petsc-dev] PCASM+KSPGMRES

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 22 06:19:57 CST 2014

Hi again,

 > Well, I don't usually use PETSc  runtime options. I have only a
subset of parameters (PC types, KSP types, etc.) which are interfaced by
my solver and exposed to the end-user. Other few settings (matrix types
for instance) are hardcoded in some objects (which my linear system
solver interface makes use of).

Thanks for sending the hardcoded options, I could reproduce the problem
with snes/examples/tutorials/ex2.c using the runtime options
  -pc_type asm -vec_type cusp -mat_type aijcusp
Actually, the problem can be reduced down to only providing
  -vec_type cusp

It seems to be the same problem as the one described here:
   http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-dev/2014-January/014460.html
which I couldn't track down yet. I'll let you know as soon as this is fixed.

Best regards,
Karli