[petsc-dev] CFLAGS and COPTFLAGS

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 17 14:05:55 CST 2014

  I do not understand the context of this email at all.

  Are you referring to putting CFLAGS=-O3  inside a ./configure option? If so I see    help.addArgument('Compilers', '-CFLAGS=<string>',       nargs.Arg(None, None, 'Specify the C compiler options’))

  Or are you referring to make CFLAGS=-O3  ex1 which certainly works but I don’t recommend it?

  Is the problem that though CFLAGS=-O3 should work for configure, there is a bug in configure where it gets ignored? It seems reasonable to me that this should work.

  Barry