[petsc-dev] GPU preconditioners

Andrea Lani andrea.lani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:29:29 CST 2014

Dear Devs,

is the PCBJACOBI solver fully ported to GPU in the latest petsc-dev
version? if not, is there any intention to do so in the near future?

I have a convection-dominated (with strong discontinuities in the flow
field) MHD problem where PCASM and PCBJACOBI both work fine with KSPGMRES.

Looking for a speedup in my code (which is using a petsc-dev version about
two-months old), the only GPU alternative I found was PCJACOBI. This is
indeed considerably faster on GPU, but does not converge (neither does,
consistently, its CPU counterpart) if not for a few iterations before
blowing up. Any other alternative for GPU-based preconditioners or solvers
worth trying at the moment?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Andrea

--