[petsc-dev] Need -lfl in c2html

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 23 13:52:44 CST 2014

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014, Jed Brown wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> > Are you sure its modified?
>
> I see tests in configure (for yywrap) that don't exist in configure.in.
> My explanation of this is that someone ran autoconf a long time ago,
> then modified configure, but it could be wrong.  Current autoconf fails.

Hm current autoconf works fine for me. Or is the failure you refer to
the same wrt to detecting the new flex?

Satish

----

balay at asterix /home/balay/tmp/c2html-0.9.4
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>, <http://gnu.org/licenses/exceptions.html>

Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.
balay at asterix /home/balay/tmp/c2html-0.9.4
$ autoconf
balay at asterix /home/balay/tmp/c2html-0.9.4
$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for yylex in -lfl... no
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking for strftime... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for getopt... yes
checking for popen... yes
checking for fileno... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  'Makefile.in' seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h
balay at asterix /home/balay/tmp/c2html-0.9.4
$ make
flex ./c2html.l
gcc  -O -I. -I. -DCOMPRESSION=1  -o c2html lex.yy.c ./mymain.c ./colors.c -lfl
balay at asterix /home/balay/tmp/c2html-0.9.4
$