[petsc-dev] tao4py and tao in PETSc master

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 13:37:45 CST 2014

This branch contains what is needed to expose TAO within petsc4py:
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/branch/dalcinl/tao

Two comments/requests for TAO in petsc-dev:

* I would like to have TaoGetConstraintTolerances(), right now I'm
defining it in petsc4py as shown in the link below:
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/commits/ab01ebe336491190a2db85c179c48b1c64fdc673?at=master#chg-src/include/custom.h

* Look at all these definitions, they should be exposed in the C API
to be able to call e.g. TaoSetType(tao,TAOLMVM);
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/commits/ab01ebe336491190a2db85c179c48b1c64fdc673?at=master#Lsrc/PETSc/petsctao.pxiT4

Final comment: I've named the solver "TAO" (all uppercase) in
petsc4py. This deviates from the current PETSc convention using "Tao",
but I'm thinking that at some point you will get upset with the
inconsistency and rename it to TAO.

Let me know what you think. After merging this branch, "tao4py" should
die and the functionalities will be available directly from petsc4py.

--
Lisandro Dalcin