[petsc-dev] petsc/petsc added -pc_use_amat option to PCSetFromOptions() (commit b9ee023)

Shri abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 23 11:40:46 CDT 2013

Jed,
   I had added -pc_reuse specifically for use with fieldsplit since I wanted only a part of the preconditioner to be built only once, for e.g. -fieldsplit_0_pc_reuse. This would build the preconditioner for fieldsplit 0 only once. I had not added any API for it since it was meant to be experimental feature. If this feature is useful then I can add an API for it otherwise I can take it out.

Shri