[petsc-dev] PETSc port to OpenCL

Reymond, Antoine Antoine.Reymond at amd.com
Thu Mar 21 13:31:51 CDT 2013

Customer is saying:

We are performing nonlinear SNES solvers with linear KSP solves inside of them.  The KSP solver types that we use are CG, CGS, BiCG, BiCGS, GMRES, Richardson, and LSQR; though Richardson and LSQR are very infrequently used.  We use a block Jacobi preconditioner with the following sub-preconditioner types:  None, ILU, LU, ICC, Cholesky, and Jacobi.  The global system sizes range from 10k x 10k to 20M x 20M depending on model size.  We typically run the smaller models on 4-core workstations and the larger models with between 32 and 128 cores on an HPC.  The workstations will only have a single GPU, but the HPC may have one GPU per 16 cores (1 GPU per HPC node).

Antoine