[petsc-dev] PETSc repositories have been moved

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 12 18:48:57 CDT 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 6:45 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> What if we make the Wiki repository a subtree of PETSc, just like BuildSystem? I read all the stuff Jed sent on
> this and it looks like exactly what we wanted.
>
> Bitbucket won't publish the subtree so we would have to use 'git subtree push --prefix=src/docs/wiki ...' to publish changes made inside petsc.git.
>
> I think the wiki _should_ be a separate repo because it's not semantically tied to the release/branching in PETSc.

   Depends on what you put in the wiki. If the wiki is 100% only devoted to working with PETSc and git then maybe it need not be in petsc.git And any documentation elsewhere about working PETSc and git (like what use to be in the developers webpage needs to be moved to the wiki and removed from the developers webpage). No topic belongs in two separate places.

   Barry