[petsc-dev] PETSc repositories have been moved

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 12 18:45:12 CDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if we make the Wiki repository a subtree of PETSc, just like
> BuildSystem? I read all the stuff Jed sent on
> this and it looks like exactly what we wanted.

Bitbucket won't publish the subtree so we would have to use 'git subtree
push --prefix=src/docs/wiki ...' to publish changes made inside petsc.git.

I think the wiki _should_ be a separate repo because it's not semantically
tied to the release/branching in PETSc. It could be a 'git submodule' that
most people did not know about, but that was occasionally updated (e.g., at
a release) so that people could have a matching offline copy, but I
wouldn't do that unless people really liked the idea.