[petsc-dev] All petsc-dev users will need to do a reclone of petsc-dev on Tuesday or later

Karl Rupp rupp at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 11 14:35:14 CDT 2013

Hi Sean,

 >>> Satish, please remove me from petsc-maint. Also, remove me from the
>>> developers webpage. I have already purged petsc-dev from my system and
>>> won't be pushing anything else from now on.
>>
>> Huh, why this? This is not forced change of religion...
>
> Why should I bother? Everyone will listen to Jed anyway. Sorry about the
> CUDA+cmake patches, by the way, those are gone now.

it will still be possible to work with Mercurial. The need for a
new/better development model was also based on stability issues
repeatedly raised by users at SIAM CSE, as you certainly remember.
The decision followed a technical evaluation of the workflow, not on a
'Sean vs. Jed'-type of personal preference. Thus, you really should not
take this personal.

Best regards,
Karli