[petsc-dev] Deflated Krylov solvers for PETSc

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Sat Mar 2 11:16:42 CST 2013

> An alternative description for the method in the paper is "two-level unsmoothed aggregation applied to the ASM-preconditioned operator".

Isn't this paper just doing two level unsmoothed aggregation with a V(0,k) cycle, where k (and the smoother) is K in the paper?

It looks to me like you are moving the multigrid coarse grid correction (projection) from the PC into the operator, in which case this method is identical to two level MG with the V(0,k) cycle.

I'm sure I'm missing something.  Jie's writeup has an orthogonality condition on the restriction operator, which I don't see in the Vuik paper.