[petsc-dev] Need mechanism to set LocalToGlobal mapping in a DMShell

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:48:04 CST 2013

Jed, I disagree; It's quite natural to want custom bindings for these
things if you want some new mesh type to have local-to-global and
global-to-local operations over that mesh.  Having it abstracted out to the
matrix or vector is constraining.

They should totally be in there and should be implementation-level in
DMShell.

- Peter