[petsc-dev] Example cleanup

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 9 19:23:09 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 8, 2013, at 11:04 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > There are some broken examples in SNES that I would like to clean up in
>> preparation for real output checking there. They are
>> >
>> >   ex5: I think we just overwrite the solutions with the current stuff
>> >
>> >   ex22 and ex58: Barry this look like you, and the results are really
>> different
>>
>>    The new values are no less valid than the old so just overwrite the
>> old outputs.
>

> Okay, pushed.

The ex5 output changed here, for a justifiable reason, though the code got
much messier to implement this change.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/commits/4c6428f5d4f1623dc2ea08f9e0be167f2bcf9c69

Tests output needs to be updated when an intentional change like this is
made.

I didn't bisect for ex22 or ex58, but perhaps it's a similar issue.

> Next step, insert Python validator for output, possibly with more
> structure.

What's your plan for implementing this?