[petsc-dev] Pushing non-working code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 2 17:44:15 CST 2013

The other issue is that we work with applications that need to be able to
rely on their PETSc being stable. If we can provide a 'dev' that is
relatively stable, we can rapidly deliver new features, which encourages
them to work more closely with us. If 'dev' is volatile, they will only use
releases, in which case we have added close to a year of latency. I think
that's bad.