[petsc-dev] Pushing non-working code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 2 16:20:30 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think non-working is a misnomer here. These do not break the build.

They issue warnings and the code can't possibly execute correctly. Just
don't push it (or push it somewhere else) until it's been cleaned up to the
point where it's not wasting our time to review.

Related: I would like to start tweaking our workflow to make petsc-dev more
consistently stable, so that more applications can work with it instead of
needing to wait for a release. Having people pushing code that doesn't
work, isn't tested, and obviously wouldn't pass review is not good for
stability.