[petsc-dev] TSSetArtificialForcingFunction()

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 1 16:49:08 CST 2013

  Jed,

    Should we add something like TSSetManufactoredForcingFunction() with which the user would provide the extra forcing term that makes TSSetSolutionFunction() the exact solution. Then when -ts_test is used TS automatically adds the artificial forcing term and compares the computed solution with the solution function provided by the user.

   Then in each TS example we can provide a solution and its forcing making it far more likely that people who copy examples also put in a test function?