[petsc-dev] PetscSF vs. VecScatter

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:12:50 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am looking at adding full support for exodus to DMPlex (input and output).
Until I can understand better the nemesis format (a parallel extension of exodusII), my goal is to be able to scatter data back to cpu 0, re-use the pre-distribution ordering and use the sequential exo library.

I can figure out how to do that using VecScatter but I am intrigued by PetscSF.
Is there any documentation available, beside src/vec/is/sf/examples/tutorials/ex1.c?
In particular a short description of the basic concepts would be helpful.

Blaise

--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA