[petsc-dev] Error while building MAGMA from PETSc

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 15 20:38:00 CDT 2013

On Aug 15, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> writes:
>> This is even worse. Just let Barry pollute our code with bad solutions
>> that we will eventually have to fix up by doing it right.

   Matt,

     your solution simply doesn't work if the user is using an installed version of magma and not using --download-magma hence it is not a solution.

> Whatever the solution, we cannot allow -DHAVE_CUBLAS into a CFLAGS that
> a user would obtain from PETSc makefiles.

   Jed,

     If they have made the bad decision to use magma then they have to live with the bad ramifications of using magma. Aren't you of the generation that was raised to understand the consequences of your actions?