[petsc-dev] plans for testing examples?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 16 22:13:42 CDT 2012

   What are the various plans for running the test cases on examples?

    As I've said before I'd really like each example to be self-contained which means its tests and its test results would all sit in the same file (so, for example, the file could trivially be moved to another directory location and the tests still work).  One way to do this is to have each example file to have a chunk of python code after the source that ran all the tests and then after that a chunk of all the outputs.   Having the test cases inside the makefile (or in some directory or gasp "single location specific file) and the output files in the output directory is, to me, not desirable.

   Jed,  what is your horrible plan?

   Matt, what is your horrible plan?

    Can we converge to something agreeable to all?