[petsc-dev] migrating repos from petsc.cs.iit.edu to bitbucket.org

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 16 18:22:32 CST 2012

Agreed, but git got branches right the first time (stable within weeks or
months of mkdir) and hg has had many years to just copy, yet the feature
still has odd quirks. Hopefully it will get better now that the devs are
finally using it themselves, but I foresee a long road unless they give up
on their different for the sake of being different.