[petsc-dev] Notification: Fwd: You have hereby been granted admin access to jedbrown/petsc-dev.

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 16 15:39:09 CST 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> The complexity of this workflow is:
>
> - should be comfortable with having multiple heads [atleast briefly -
> if the history is to be similar to currrent workflow]
>
> - be able to work with revs other than heads - I guess managed with
> bookmarks [and commit changes] to such revs and keep switching back
> and forth [between tip, bookmarks etc..]. And make sure everyone uses
> latest mercurial - otherwise 'hg bookmark' behavior could be
> different.

Bookmarks are not required for this. I think it's pretty rare that someone
outside of the core group needs to commit to release buildsystem after a
release, but that can still be done without bookmarks. Just commit to the
release point, then merge with tip, but do not advance petsc-release to
point at tip.