[petsc-dev] release preparation

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 17 21:03:48 CDT 2012

  petsc-dev folks,

    Recall that we are in a phase of a code freeze that means do not push random new code to petsc-dev, push only bug fixes and clean up to petsc-dev.  By all means keep on with code development, just don't push the new stuff to petsc-dev.

     We hope to make the release repository (and then tarball) next Wednesday May 23. So please do be checking the nightly builds and making fixes to petsc-dev.

   Barry

Note: threaded code and GPU code will not be supported with the release (users should continue to use petsc-dev after the release) so fixes/extensions to those things are not needed and shouldn't be pushed to petsc-dev at the moment.