[petsc-dev] Spelling Chebyshev

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 10 15:23:28 CDT 2012

> I do not see Chebychev is being used. Good search ' Chebychev' fails as
> well.

Do you mean Google search? If so, it automatically changes the search
to 'Chebyshev', click on 'Search instead for Chebychev'. There appear
to be more spellings depending on your language (obviously):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pafnuty_Chebyshev

It would seem to me that the best way to fix this is to just spell his
name the way he did: Пафну́тий Льво́вич Чебышёв. All we need to do is
update PETSc to use unicode strings. How hard could that be?