[petsc-dev] Patches like this make me want to cry

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 28 17:33:35 CDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Paul Mullowney <paulm at txcorp.com> wrote:

> VecTransplantPlaceArray
>
>  http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/**petsc-dev/rev/d2f118b395b2<http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/rev/d2f118b395b2>
>>
>> This thing is way too big to review, includes huge swaths of
>> commented-out code, breaks coding conventions and portability, and
>> introduces strange new APIs (like VecTransplantPlaceArray) that haven't
>> really been explained and seem to produce questionable semantics.
>>

>>  Why is the non-portable?

It assumes C99 to begin with.

> I asked for your input on this 2 days ago?

Sorry, I'm at a conference, finishing a proposal, and trying to make
progress on my research. I was hoping someone else would comment because I
think it's leaking implementation details.

Also, you didn't provide the whole patch series to comment on, just some
bits of code.