[petsc-dev] API changes in MatIS

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 11 08:47:11 CDT 2012

The problem is that you can't factor the subdomain problem directly because
it is singular. So you either copy it into a bigger matrix (with Lagrange
multipliers) or extract a submatrix (by dropping vertices).

If I assemble a matrix with selected vertices, I can factor it and solve
the constrained problems without needing to refactor.

The case with no selected vertices could be a special case, and worked with
exactly like MatIS is now.