[petsc-dev] Fwd: [petsc-maint #119133] petsc-dev configure crash

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 6 15:34:50 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Check the old email. Satish and Matt had specific concerns.

Matt's last email said

"""
Okay, it seems like I can do everything I want to do. I vote we push it and
wait for
the breakage. However, can we wait to push it until Apr 1? I have a
conference
scheduled which will heavily use petsc-dev.
"""

Satish's complaint had something to do with "hg pull -u" versus "hg pull;
hg update" in 1.8.1 versus later versions, though it seems that the only
difference there was in .hg/dirstate which seemed inconsequential.

Is there still a blocking reason not to use subrepos?