[petsc-dev] DMGetNamedGlobalVector() implementation?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 19 13:33:13 CDT 2012

On this topic, we should become much more adamant, at least in
documentation and maybe also in naming about which arguments are scale-free
and which are scale-dependent. Internally, we (Peter and I) have a system
that is being followed carefully, including in the examples that we write.
Things compose well when these unwritten guidelines are followed.