[petsc-dev] helping PETSc user get started the right way!

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 13 22:08:58 CDT 2012

  We should consider a system that helps PETSc users auto-magically set up bitbucket (or similar but better place) repository for their PETSc derived code. Now we tell people to copy a PETSc example and its make file and start developing from that. Perhaps we could provide a python script that

1) made a directory
2) hg init it
3) copy over the makefile and example
4) hg add them
5) hg commit them
6) hg clone up to somewhere (bitbucket or elsewhere, PETSc machine?) and fix the .hg/hgrc location

 Then they need only do hg commit; hg push to share their latest work anytime.

Barry

Begin forwarded message: