[petsc-dev] This has officially become too ugly to read

Paul Mullowney paulm at txcorp.com
Fri Jan 20 16:45:25 CST 2012

The new code using CUSPARSE gives you triangular solves that are
supported by Nvidia. They are as fast as what was in their previously.
Advantage is that it's now fully supported by the vendor library.

The matrix multiplication is more succinct than what was in petsc-dev.
Plus it has options for choosing storage format on the device for
optimal performance.
You now have csr/coo/ell/dia formats ... Plus the SpMV scales across
multiple GPUs now.

I am happy to remove printf's if that helps.

-Paul